3) To fix a small temporary glitch in the extracted folder, you may need to fix the permissions:
1) Using your System Finder, Get Info on the entire C4D prefs folder.
2) Unlock the lock in the lower right of the GetInfo window.
3) At the bottom of the get info window, set permissions for your UserName (or Everybody if on your own safe computer) to "Read and Write"
4) Click the little cog and choose "Apply to enclosed items" and accept the popup.
Windows Cinema4D R12:
1) Using Explorer,
extract the content of the archive you downloaded above.
2) The archive expands to a folder called ePMV-Win that contains two subfolders called ePMV and resources
3) Copy the folder ePMV from ePMV-Win into your Cinema4D preferences plugin folder:
Find the folder by opening Cinema 4D
In Cinema 4D's menu, go to Edit->Preferences
Click [Open Preferences Folder] button
You'll see the Preferences window now open on your desktop with a name similar to:
C:\Documents and Setting\$username\Application Data\MAXON\CINEMA4D R12\plugins
C:\Documents and Setting\$username\Application Data\MAXON\CINEMA4D R12\plugins\ePMV
4) Go to your Cinema4D program folder, e.g. C:\Program Files\MAXON\CINEMA 4D\resource\modules\python\res\
- rename Python.win32.framework to Python.win32.framework.old
- rename Python.win64.framework to Python.win64.framework.old
5) Copy the downloaded folders:
from your downloaded resources\module\python\res\ folder into the Cinema4D program
folder, e.g. C:\Program Files\MAXON\CINEMA 4D\resource\modules\python\res\
The new versions of the Python framework folders should sit next to the .old versions of the folders
(this will overwrite the python framework if you didnt follow step 4 by setting the original folders to .old)