Unix Terminal (Mac,Linux)
The ePMV light installer comes as part of MGL Tools and can be initiate from a terminal window:
- To access a terminal window on a Mac, double click on the terminal application in your Applications>Utilities folder.
- In the terminal, navigate to $MGLTOOLS (defined during MGL installation).
- On a Mac, to navigate this terminal window to the installer, search in your finder for the file install_plugin.py,
once found, type "cd " into your terminal window and drag the file
install_plugin.py into the terminal window. This should autocomplete
the complicated path and you should recognize the $MGLTOOLS portion.
- Or you can type it by hand:
Confirm the correct path by typing "pwd" an hitting return. Once
correct, copy and past the following into that terminal window, then
Windows dos Terminal
- Click on Start->Execute
- Type cmd
- This opens a shell similar to a Linux terminal
Go to "start menu->all programs->accessories->command
prompt" right click it, and choose "run as
administrator". A faster way is to type "cmd" in the start menu
search area, and wait for "cmd.exe" to come up. Run that as
run the installer
- In the shell, navigate to $MGLTOOLS (defined in step 2 above).
- To navigate this shell window to the installer, type "cd " into
your shell window and then drag the file install_plugin.py into the
shell window. This should autocomplete the complicated path and you
should recognize the $MGLTOOLS portion. Optionally, you can type it by
hand:* cd $MGLTOOLS/MGLToolsPckgs/Pmv/hostappInterface
- Confirm the correct path by typing "pwd" an hitting return.
Once correct, copy and past the following into that shell window, then
- if python is not in your PATH type this instead:
- You can also directly used the bat file ePmvInstall.bat
The ePMV plugin should work next time you launch the host, and you
should now be able to access ePMV under the specific host plugin menu. Check how to the get started page.